Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Crime Spotter

So in my early morning internet seaching, I have discovered this site called:

www.spotcrime.com/philadelphia

This site uses google maps to pin point local and national crime, so now you can look at this site and find out who was mugged on your corner or where car are being stolen from.

The only drawback that I see is that they are a little slow on the update, I looked this morning and they only had till March 25th on the map.

I have always thought that a neighborhood crime website was an amazing idea, because it lets everyone in the area know wahts going on. In a way bringing back an online neighborhood watch, which in this day and age is an easy thing to do. (Hell i spend hours online each day.)

Give it a look see, comment back on your feelings about the site.

No comments: